Saturday, June 19, 2010

Let the Sewing Begin...

I know, I know. The title of my blog is 'Zen in the Art of Sewing', however, there has been no mention of zen or sewing so far. This is because of my complete obsession and infatuation with Anthropologie. Now that I have pulled myself out of the drunken comatose that Anthropologie puts me in every time I browse through the gorgeous items on their website, I am now ready to share with you my sewing projects.

The first gift I made is going to my Mom. She is one of the main reasons I am now sewing. She finally gave me her fabulous Husqvarna sewing machine that previously had taken up permanent residence in her dusky garage in California.



So, thank you so much for trusting that I would use the sewing machine you passed on to me.



My Mom's favorite color is yellow, so this adorable lemon print fabric was screaming at me to make an apron out of it. I didn't think twice about buying the lemon print, but finding the contrasting fabric to match was a little tricky. I thought the green and white polka-dot fabric was just the right color to match the green stems of the lemons! So, this is how is turned out. I would say, "Let me know what you all think" but there is no one reading... So, maybe one day someone will stumble upon this blog and give me there two-cents on the first apron I sewed.

3 comments:

  1. That is a really cute apron. That's so sweet you're making this one of a kind for your mom.
    One of my wish is to learn how to sew using the sewing machine. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks jcrewphd! I appreciate your comment... In the future I hope to have an apron 'giveway' (of one of my couture aprons). I am hoping to do the giveway for my first 50 followers (or sooner).
    I hope you learn to sew, it's very rewarding :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like both aprons! and it was fun being with you the moment you saw those Lemons! You lit up just as bright!:-)

    ReplyDelete